Details of Buffalo City TVET College Application 2020 – 2021
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONSPLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THIS FORM
- 1.This form must be completed by all students applying to BUFFALO CITY TVET COLLEGE for the first time.
- 2.The application form must be signed by the applicant and the legal guardian (if applicant is younger than 18 years).
- 3.It is in your own interest to ensure that this form is completed in full and that copies of all supporting documents are enclosed.
- 4.If any questions are left unanswered or documents are not enclosed, or the legal undertaking is not signed by the student and/or the legal guardian, it will cause a delay as the form will be returned for completion.
- 5.Please write in black ink and use block letters.
- 6.The closing date for applications will be determined by the College at the start of the respective academic period or when the course is full, whichever occurs first.
B.DOCUMENTS (CERTIFIED COPIES)
- 1.A copy of the first page of your Identity Document must accompany this application.
- 2.A copy of your Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate or highest qualification must be submitted with your application.
- 3.NB. Grade 12 learners must attach a copy of your Grade 11 final results and June or September Grade 12 results.
- The report must indicate the subjects and symbols obtained and whether the subjects are on the Higher Grade or Standard Grade. If you attended any other higher education institu- tion, an original academic record or certified copies of other certificates obtained previously, must also be submitted.
- 4.Proof of residential address of parents/guardian.
C.INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (non-South African citizens)
- 1.A certified copy of your passport must accompany this form. You are required to produce a valid study permit before you will be permitted to register.
- 2.Non-RSA Qualifications. The onus rests with all international applicants to have their school qualifications evaluated by SAQA before submitting this application form. SAQA can be contacted on telephone number: 027 86 010 3188.
1.National Certificate Vocational:
1.1A year end school report for Grade 9 or Higher; or
1.2A NQF level 1 Qualification; or
1.3An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2; or
1.4A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2; or
1.5ABET NQF Level 4 Certificate
2.NATED Programmes / REPORT 191
2.1A year end school report for Grade 12 or Higher; or
2.2A NQF Level 4 Qualification
1.Early application is essential.
2.Please contact the campus of your choice for more information on application procedures.
3.Fees are calculated per subject. Please consult the latest fees schedules available from all campuses.
4.Your application and all correspondence or documentation must be submitted or sent to the campus where your intend studying.
1.The language medium for all lectures, tests and examination is English.
1.Students who have secured a bursary from an external source must furnish the college with an original written confirmation, before they register.
2.Students with outstanding fees will be allowed to sit for examination, but will be blacklisted and will not receive results if fees are not paid in full.
TYPE OF ACCOUNT
Buffalo City Public FET College
In the reference column of the bank deposit, please clearly indicate your student number with the FOLLOWING Alphabets as attached (E for East London; K for John Knox Bokwe; M for St
Marks; R for Residence) for reference.