How to apply for a Wonga short term loan
We’ve worked hard to make our application process quick and easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Connect to our site using a mobile phone, tablet or desktop PC.
- Create your account to log on to www.wonga.co.za.
- Specify your desired amount of Rand (maximum of R4000 for new customers).
- Specify your desired amount of time (maximum of 3 months).
- Complete your application via our secure form.
- You provide your most recent payslip / bank statement (not older than 60 days) as proof of income.
- If successful, your cash is sent to your bank account, typically within 15 minutes.
- You pay back the loan within the agreed timeframe, early repayment is allowed and actively encouraged so you save money.
Conditions of the Wonga term loan product
- Our short term loans are exactly that – designed for short term usage, paying back your loan sooner will result in you saving money. We do not suggest using our loans to manage existing debt.
- If your loan is repaid later than the agreed conditions of your application this will incur extra costs and a potentially have a negative impact on your credit score. If you find yourself relying on multiple Wonga loans regularly, short term finance loans may not be right for you.
- To qualify for a Wonga loan you must be a South African resident with a bank account in your name, you must also be over the age of eighteen and have access to a mobile phone. Proof of income is also required.