The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is a South African-based agency established primarily to tackle challenges that the nation’s youth are faced with. The NYDA was established by an Act of parliament, Act no 54 of 2008.
The agency derives its mandate from legislative frameworks such as the NYDA Act (54 of 2008), the National Youth Policy (2009-2014) and the draft Integrated Youth Development Strategy as adopted by the Youth Convention of 2006.
The institution was established to be a single, unitary structure, established to address youth development issues at National, Provincial and Local government level. The existence of the NYDA should be located within the broad context of South Africa’s development dynamics. Like many developing countries, South Africa has a large population of youth, those between the ages 14-35 represent 42% of the total population.
- They need a 10-minute business pitch presentation from you.
- The pitch could be in person or telephonically.
- Applicants must apply three months before turning 35 years.
- All required documents should be submitted
- You will also need proof of enrollment in Business Management training course
- An official from the agency will perform a due diligence assessment
There are two ways to complete the NYDA application form. You can download the NYDA funding application forms 2020 or you can fill out the form online.
Dates Applications are processed within 30 days at a branch.
Disbursement of the approved is processed at the head office within 30 working days.