Funza Lushaka bursary program aims at promoting teaching as a profession. These bursaries are available to offer funds that help students pursuing the teaching profession as something of national significance and priority.
Upon graduation and completion of their studies, the beneficiaries of the bursary are required to work at public schools for the number of years in which they received the bursary support.
All aspiring students must go through the Funza Lushaka online application, which they must do every yearly. It is also required that they fill in the placement information annually.
The responsibility of placing a bursar on a suitable post rests on the provincial education department which should find a suitable post for the candidate. If no suitable place is available, the same department will place the candidate on an unsuitable post. It is important to note that the bursar cannot choose a preferred location, and cannot be transferred once posted. Applying for the Funza Lushaka bursary
The Funza Lushaka bursary 2020 application process is simple. All you have to do is follow these nine steps below:
- Go to the government’s e-portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Supply your personal information to register
- Using the password and username you just registered in the step above, log in to the system.
- Go to the e-service menu and select Funza Lushaka bursary scheme
- Key in the OTP on the preferred channel
- You must accept the terms and condition; it is advisable to read them so that you can understand everything.
- Click on 2020 application on the dashboard menu.
- Follow the prompts and complete the necessary fields by filling in your information.
- Accept the declaration as a confirmation that every information you have captured is true.
How to apply and progress status
Candidates can apply for the loan once they have been accepted at the university of choice. This is necessary since the Funza Lushaka application form 2020 found online requires the student’s number for the application. In case you are worried about your Funza Lushaka application status after application, you can rest easy knowing that the outcome of your application will come through your university. Additionally, you will also receive a letter from the Department of Basic Education. You should always have a valid phone number and email address since the bursary program will constantly communicate via sms and emails.
- Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary 2020 will open on 01 October 2019.
- Please note that there are a limited number of new bursaries available for 2020.
- New applicants are advised to also pursue other funding opportunities such as NSFAS.
- The outcome of the selection process will be available from the University not later than 30 April each year.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Should applicants need to make changes in their application details, they have access to the on-line bursary application by going to “Update personal details”. Updating application details is only allowed before the application closing date. Changing institutions and areas of specialisation will not be allowed and doing so will subject an application to rejection.
- Application for the bursary is not a guarantee that a student will obtain it.